Colin and Simon are back this week with some brilliant stories for you!
First up, we take a look at libra, libra and even more libra! We discussed it last week, but it really is all crypto twitter is talking about at the moment! Simon and Colin take a look at some of the responses to the announcement, and they start with the Congress wish for Facebook to stop the coin until the Congress can fully understand it! Colin argues that it is massively positive that people are watching and taking notes and that we now have the congress reacting! The only problem is that, according to Colin, it can take years until the Congress fully understands what libra actually is... (01.26)
Next, we talk about what libra means for the world of crypto! Investors put record levels of money into bitcoin futures at regulated exchanges in the United States and Britain last month. Colin argues that bitcoin seems to do better than the other cryptocurrencies at the moment, so maybe that is a sign that if there is an institutional activity going on, is it happening more so in bitcoin than elsewhere? (25:52)
We wrap up this episode by talking about all the all the enterprise announcements! (31:43)
This week, the tweet of the week is somewhat different as we bring you a website of the week instead! (43:24)
All this and so much more on this week's episode of Blockchain Insider. And why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, please leave us a review on iTunes.
This week's episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and Petrit Berisha. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- 'I Don’t Trust Facebook With Anything:' The World Reacts to Facebook's Libra - CoinDesk
- Facebook Cryptocurrency Plan Faces Opposition in France - Bloomberg
- Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency 'poses risks to global banking' | Technology | The Guardian
- Is bitcoin growing up? Regulated futures boom as investors seek a safer ride - Reuters
- SWIFT Gives Blockchain Platforms Access to 'Instant' GPI Payments Following R3 Trial - CoinDesk
- J.P. Morgan may start JPM Coin trials for clients soon, citing high demand - The Block
- IBM Unveils Upgraded 2.0 Version of Enterprise Blockchain | CoinDesk
- Digital Asset eyes enterprises as it rolls out more widely compatible app-software - The Block
- 98% of Bitcoin Satoshi Vision’s activity comes from a dumb weather app