Simon and Colin are back this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, including: Brazilian bank, Tezos and $1 Billion, IBM tries to make paper the past, and Swiss STO's!
First up, the pair look at how the Swiss central bank was asked to issue stock exchange digital currency. This is so that the cryptocurrency could be used to settle payments on the Swiss Stock exchange's new digital securities trading platform. The two discuss whether this is really a stable coin or just tokenised central bank money, whether it's a more long term play or more focused on PR, and loads more! (1:07)
Next up, Simon and Colin talk about the Banco BTG Pactual SA, Latin America’s biggest standalone investment bank, which has teamed up with Dubai asset manager Dalma Capital to sell more than $1 billion worth of so-called security tokens. BTG Partner Andre Portilho explained that capital markets still have infrastructure that was designed for an analog, local world. He then went on to say it's their responsibility to understand and lead the implementation of new technologies which could change the market. (7:19)
Other stories include:
- Banks, IBM and Scentre Group join forces to overhaul bank guarantees (16:46)
- Digital currency operators must comply with rules: Bank of Japan's Amamiya (22:09)
We also have a great Tweet of the Week from @Zhusu about Singapore tax authority's proposal to exempt all use of cryptocurrency (as a medium of exchange) from goods and services tax! (27:17)
We also have another brilliant interview for you, this week from Matthew Pollard, Founder of Archax! (29:32)
All this and so much more on this week's episode of Blockchain Insider. And why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, please leave us a review on iTunes.
This week's episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and Petrit Berisha. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Swiss central bank asked to issue stock exchange digital currency
- Brazil’s BTG Pactual Plans $1 Billion Crypto Token Partnership
- Banks, IBM and Scentre Group join forces to overhaul bank guarantees
- Digital currency operators must comply with rules: Bank of Japan's Amamiya
- Arrington-Backed Crypto Loans Firm to Accept Telegram’s Token as Collateral
- Venezuela's President tells the leading bank to start accepting the country’s cryptocurrency, Petro
- Facebook’s David Marcus: Libra Crypto Users Won’t Have to Trust Us