Simon and Colin are back this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain!
First up, the pair take a look at an article about a draft discussion bill titled "Keep Big Tech Out of Finance Act" which aims to stop tech colossuses from becoming financial institutions. They point out that this bill is a long way from becoming a reality and explain how this bill is seemingly targeted towards Facebook's Libra. (00:55)
Next up, Simon and Colin break down an article about Mark Carney's statement that Libra is not "learning on the job" stuff, but must be rock solid from the get go, or it simply won't start. Carney also says that Libra pose a wide range of risks, which Simon explains could be due, in part, to optimistic tech developers not worrying about the many important things that could go wrong, as much as central bankers do. (08:05)
Other stories include:
- Fidelity, Deloitte, Amazon support new blockchain accelerator (19:52)
- Binance burns $24 million worth of BNB tokens allocated to team (24:43)
Our Tweet of the Week comes from @realDonaldTrump about his hatred of Bitcoin and Libra! (30:45)
We also have another brilliant interview for you, this week from Dora Matheidesz, Senior Innovation Manager for blockchain at HSBC (35:00)
All this and so much more on this week's episode of Blockchain Insider. And why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, please leave us a review on iTunes.
This week's episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and Petrit Berisha. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Congressional leaders have drafted a bill that would ban Big Tech from launching a digital asset
- Bank of England's Carney warns Libra: 'This is not learning on the job stuff'
- Fidelity, Deloitte, Amazon support new blockchain accelerator
- Binance burns $24 million worth of BNB tokens allocated to team
- Mark Cuban calls Facebook’s digital coin Libra a ‘big mistake,’ saying it ‘could be dangerous’
- Samsung, telcos, and banks to collaborate on blockchain mobile authentication
- $32m stolen from Tokyo cryptocurrency exchange in latest hack