108. Who's Been Using Bitcoin?
Episode 115 · August 8th, 2019 · 48 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
On today's episode, Simon Taylor is joined by some great guests to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and crypto. Today's guests include:
- Teana Baker-Taylor, Executive Director & Board Member at Global Digital Finance
- Claudio Bellei, Data Scientist at Elliptic
We cover the following stories from the blockchain and crypto space:
- 98% of Bitcoin is Used for Legal Things (1:41)
- Crypto Catches Mastercard’s Eye (26:00)
- The Largest Crypto Transfer Ever? (32:25)
- A $120m ‘Digital IPO’ (39:17)
The Tweet of the Week comes from Ryan Selkis (@TwoBitidiot) about Bitcoin rising as global currency wars ramp up a gear. Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
- IBM, Lenovo, Nokia, Vodafone launch a new blockchain network for supply chain management | TheBlockCrypto
- IBM, MIT and Elliptic release world’s largest labeled dataset of bitcoin transactions | Yahoo Finance
- Mastercard is building a team to Develop Crypto, Wallet Projects | Coindesk
- Grayscale to Conduct One of Largest Single Day Crypto Transfers | Cointelegraph
- Berlin-Based AI Platform RISE Leverages Securitize To Launch $120 Million Security Token Offering | The Tokenist
- SEC Commissioner Peirce says US is not sitting ‘idle’ over crypto regulations, but could learn from other countries | TheBlockCrypto
- Galaxy Digital Announces Approval of License to Underwrite Registered Public Offerings of Securities | Newswire.ca
- China’s central bank seeks to accelerate the development of its ‘legal digital currency’ | TheBlockCrypto