119. Has Bitcoin failed? Is Libra losing?
Episode 126 · October 24th, 2019 · 1 hr 4 mins
About this Episode
Simon Taylor is away this week, but Pet Berisha hosts this episode in his place! Of course he is not alone, but joined by some fantastic guests:
- Aman Kohli, CTO Banking & Cap Markets @ DXC
- Oliver von Landsberg-Sadie, CEO BCB Group
Together they talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and Crypto including:
- Facebook Open to Currency-Pegged Stablecoin for Libra Project (02:56)
- A Republican senator just gave Libra its first voice of support in Congress after its rocky start with regulators and partners (12:31)
- Bitcoin Has Failed But Global Stablecoins a Threat, Say BIS & G7 (15:43)
- Circle to Spin out Poloniex Less than 2 Years After $400m Takeover (21:27)
- Samsung SDS Partners With Tech Mahindra for a New DLT Product (27:57)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @patio11 about . Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show! (34:58)
We also bring you a very special panel discussion straight from Corda Con, where Simon Taylor and Colin G Platt caught up with Todd McDonald form R3! (38:26)
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
- Facebook open to currency-pegged stablecoins for Libra project - Reuters
- Sen. Mike Rounds voices support for Facebook's cryptocurrency Libra - Business Insider
- Bitcoin Has Failed But Global Stablecoins a Threat, Say BIS and G7 - CoinDesk
- Circle to Spin Out Poloniex Less Than 2 Years After $400 Million Takeover - CoinDesk
- Samsung SDS Partners With Tech Mahindra for a New DLT Product
- Tweet of the week