Simon Taylor is back this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and crypto. Of course, he is not alone, and in this episode, Simon is joined remotely by Blockchain Insider returners:
- Vinay Gupta - Founder and CEO of Mattereum
- Obi Nwosu - CEO of Coinfloor
This week we kick things off with a discussion about cash, crypto and coronavirus. In the past few weeks, COVID-19 has taken its toll on markets worldwide, and in today's episode, we talk about how cash has become the new safe haven as the value of crypto and gold continues to tank. While many cryptocurrency advocates have long likened bitcoin to gold as the ultimate financial safe haven, in these challenging times the markets are saying otherwise. A lot can happen in a few weeks, and in this episode, we continue to dig into the latest blockchain and crypto news including:
- Cash Is the New Safe Haven as Crypto, Gold Continue to Tank (01:44)
- Bank of England releases white paper on central bank digital currencies (12:01)
- DeFi Leader MakerDAO weighs emergency shutdown following ETH price drop (25:59)
- ING invests in enterprise blockchain securities lending platform HQLAX (39:12)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @MalcMili13 about crypto merch and celebrity endorsements (42:32). Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
If you enjoyed the show, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider