158. News: Optimism and FTX are thriving, and Biden's executive order is promising
Episode 167 · March 30th, 2022 · 51 mins 48 secs
About this Episode
gm. Simon Taylor and Cuy Sheffield are back this week to talk about the latest and greatest news in the world of crypto, including:
- Paradigm and a16z back Ethereum scaling startup Optimism at $1.65bn valuation 3:03
- FTX announces expansion into Europe, FTX Ventures invests $100m in money app Dave and Naomi Osaka becomes latest FTX 'ambassador' 15:35
- The cryptocurrency community is celebrating Biden’s executive order, while Europe rejects proposal limiting PoW cryptos but sets draft rules for sustainability 30:30
- Crypto start-up founded by ex-Meta employees raises $200m 46:10
We are also joined by some amazing guests:
- Richard Brown, CTO at R3
- Brett Harrison, US President at FTX
- Emily Nicolle, Crypto Blogger at Bloomberg News
The Tweet of the Week comes from @BitcoinMagazine about Airbnb looking into crypto payments!
This episode is sponsored by Visa.
This episode is brought to you by Visa, one of the world’s leaders in digital payments.
Crypto has opened up a new world of possibility. And Visa is helping everyone take part.
Visa enables commerce across their network and crypto networks through solutions like Fintech Fast Track, a quick and easy way for crypto innovators to issue payment credentials.
Join us in this new money movement. Learn more at visa.com/crypto.
If you enjoyed the show, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
- Paradigm and a16z back Ethereum scaling startup Optimism at $1.65B valuation
- FTX Announces Expansion Into Europe
- FTX Ventures Invests $100 Million in Money App Dave
- Naomi Osaka Becomes Latest FTX 'Ambassador'
- The cryptocurrency community is celebrating Biden’s executive order
- Europe rejects proposal limiting PoW cryptos but sets draft rules for sustainability
- Crypto Startup Founded by Ex-Meta Employees Raises $200 Million