Ep. 18. Bitcoin soaring, plus ICOs, hipsters and Tezos
Episode 19 · November 2nd, 2017 · 1 hr 1 min
About this Episode
First up on today's show, Simon and Colin tackle "tulip mania" and other common misconceptions about crypto assets. Bitcoin has hit yet another all time high - but is the price the key figure or should we be focusing on the growth in use and user numbers instead? We also talk boomer biases - send us your favourites.
Next up, Iran has announced it is preparing to adopt Bitcoin for use in the country. Will we see a geopolitical shift, and how might it influence Bitcoin's reputation?
Why are startups struggling to get bank accounts in the UK? The FCA Sandbox's Lessons Learned report points out that startups, particularly DLT startups, are often can't secure banking services. So is it time for a more nuanced approach by the big banks?
Colin analyses the AMF's approach to ICOs, folowing their announcement of project UNICORN. If you missed it, check out Simon's blog on a best practice framework for token sales.
And can blockchain revolutionise the coffee supply chain? Colin explains how, with the help of Shoreditch and hipsters. So is this another contrived blockchain application? Or, in an increasingly environmentally-conscious world, where authenticity and provenance are key, is this a real step forward?
Breaking - we've unearthed the key to increasing your share price by 400% in one day...add the word Blockchain to your company name! We look at the story of On-Line Blockchain Plc.
Also in today's show, Simon talks to Jeff Bandman about testifying to the SEC on Bitcoin and ICOs. And
Colin catches up with Stephen Palley on his rather strong thoughts about Tezos.
Thanks for listening, we hope you enjoy the show. As ever, don't forget to subscribe, and please do leave us a review on iTunes.
Missing out on the conversation? Tweet the show @bchaininsider or to read more about the news stories and have your say visit fintechinsidernews.com.
- Worse Than Tulip Mania? Common Misconceptions About Crypto Assets - CoinDesk
- Government of Iran Is Preparing to Adopt Bitcoin for Use Inside the Country | Finance Magnates
- BTC to DLT: Why Aren't Banks Giving Blockchain Startups Accounts? - CoinDesk
- L’AMF lance une consultation sur les Initial Coin Offerings et initie son programme UNICORN - AMF
- French Regulator Launches 'UNICORN' ICO Support Project - CoinDesk
- Bext360: How Blockchain Can Revolutionize Coffee Supply Chain
- This Company Added the Word ‘Blockchain’ to Its Name and Saw Its Shares Surge 394% - Bloomberg
- This is the dumbest thing we’ve seen in a long time. When’s the crash? | FT Alphaville
- Hong Kong, Singapore sign fintech deal, will collaborate on blockchain