Kicking things off on a special live episode, has Bitcoin solved its scaling issues? Lightning Network launches, more than doubling transaction speeds! Colin is keen to explain it all.
'Bitcoin investors are clueless' says Visa's CFO. Are cryptocurrencies just the new casino for unaware buyers to double or triple their cash in a low interest environment? But is all the future crypto potential on the enterprise side?
Payment rails should be very afraid! If cryptocurrencies can figure out how to scale up then there's no telling what they could do.
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney thinks crypto has no risk to financial stability. At less than 1% of the global GDP at its peak and unable to function as a currency, Bitcoin isn't able to take on the financial system.
ICOs split opinions on the panel but one thing's for sure, both public and enterprise want a solid infrastructure.
Colin has some strong opinions on the future of cryptocurrencies, could they ever compete with banks or do they need to find a way past focusing on transactions?
Binance is keen to decentralise, but without a way of stopping scammers can it be used properly. Does decentralisation remove legitimacy for cryptocurrencies or will it make them stronger than ever?
We've got a fantastic interview with Preston Byrne, who also managed to snag tweet of the week, on block-chain versions of central-bank cash.
And if you enjoyed our tweet of the week why not send us your best tweets? See if you can make it on to the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe.
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, why not leave us a review on iTunes?
- First Bitcoin Mainnet Lightning Network Product Launches As Developers Net $2.5 Million
- Bitcoin Investors have ‘no clue’ thinks Visa’s Chief Financial Officer
- Carney On Eve of G20: Cryptos Don't Pose Risks to Financial Stability
- JP Morgan's Amber Baldet On What Enterprise Wants from Ethereum
- Bloomberg - Binance Decentralized Exchange to List Almost Any Coin, CEO Says
- A primer on blockchain-based versions of central-bank money