Bitcoin’s twitter account got hacked, causing yet another Internet-wide discussion on the death of free speech. It split the community and Colin clues us in on why both sides of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash think they’re right.
Coinbase launch their early stage venture fund to a great deal of excitement, surprising given all the noise around ICOs. The exchange is planning to invest off its own balance sheet into companies it likes.
It’s been a bad week for crypto exchanges with the Japanese regulator suspending two over failing KYC procedures and four high ranking executives have been arrested by South Korean police including CEO of South Korean exchange Coinnest in relation to billions of won embezzled from client accounts into their own.
India bans regulated entities from entertaining virtual currencies. The central bank gave a deadline of 3 months to unwind from positions related to cryptocurrencies. Instead the regulator is planning to push blockchain in financial services to improve transparency.
R3’s Research Director thinks that Central Bank digital currency could go live this year but warns that central banks will need to diversity their systems.
Monero makes movements by splitting into four different crypto currencies and is XRP a security? Colin and Simon unpack the major debates on Ripple.
All this and much much more on this week’s episode of Blockchain Insider.
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe.
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and tell us how much you love the show by leaving a review on iTunes
- BCH-Promoting Twitter Account @Bitcoin Suspended, Internet Debates ‘Death Of Free Speech’
- Bitcoin exchange Coinbase launches early-stage venture fund
- Japanese Regulator Suspends Two Crypto Exchanges Over KYC Failings - CoinDesk
- CEO of Korean Exchange Coinnest among Four Arrested for Fraud - Bitcoin News
- Bitcoin: India’s Central Bank Virtually Bans All Cryptocurrency Dealings. - Bloomberg Quint
- Central Bank Digital Currency Could Go Live This Year: R3 Research Director
- AMA: Ask Mike Anything : btc
- Universal Interoperability: Why Enterprise Blockchain Applications Should be Deployed to Shared…
- George Soros Prepares to Trade Cryptocurrencies - Bloomberg
- Rockefeller-Backed Venture Capital Firm Enters Crypto Market | CryptoSlate
- SEC Quietly Puts Bitcoin ETF Proposals Back on the Table
- Monero Mitosis: Hard Fork Leads To Four New Cryptocurrencies | CryptoGlobe
- Ripple Has Tried to Buy Its Way Onto Major Exchanges for Cryptocurrency - Bloomberg
- Is XRP a Security? Major Ripple Debates Explained - CoinDesk