Ep. 54. Is Crypto Going Mainstream?
Episode 55 · July 12th, 2018 · 50 mins 55 secs
About this Episode
Simon and Sara sit down with Noelle Acheson Coindesk, Editorial Producer and Joon Ian Wong, Coindesk, Managing Director Europe/Asia to discuss the latest blockchain news, including:
Todd McDonald had a Corda, The FCA is letting Blockchain play in their sandbox, and Coinbase get their custodial party started.
We kick off with Binance eyeing a $1 billlion profit with a few discussions on why Binance is bothering to release this information now. And how with such a fragile market they may not be on top for long, with many younger companies biting at their heels. There's also a few interesting points made on how regulation may interact with crypto exchanges in the near future. We move on to Coinbase targeting insitutitional investors. There are few rumours that institutional investors have long been waiting for a custodial product in crypto that fits their needs, could this be it? We also discuss Vitalik Buterin's provocative comments on centralised exchanges and if these exchanges are even a good idea.
All this and more on this week's episode of Blockchain Insider. And if you enjoyed our tweet of the week why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, why not leave us a review on iTunes?
This week's episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Petrit Berisha and edited by Holly Blaxill.
- World's Largest Crypto Exchange Eyes $1 Billion Profit Amid Rout - Bloomberg
- Binance Creates 'SAFU' Fund After Outage Becomes Marketing Gold - Bitcoinist.com
- ‘Coinbase Custody’ Targeting Institutional Investors Now 'Officially Open for Business'
- Swiss Stock Exchange to Tokenize Securities With New DLT Platform - CoinDesk
- Filings Link Crypto Exchange Bitstamp to Game Maker Nexon - CoinDesk
- The Emergence of Enterprise Tokens – Corda – Medium
- R3 launches Corda Enterprise
- FCA reveals blockchain and crypto-heavy fourth sandbox cohort - AltFi News
- Ethereum (ETH) Going Higher Security with the New Vyper Language Introduced - Ethereum World News