Simon and Colin are here (well Simon is, Colin's still in a field) to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain this week.
First up, we take a look at Societe Generale issuing the first covered bond as a security token on a public blockchain. Societe Generale SFH, the covered bond vehicle of Societe Generale, issued the first covered bond (EUR 100m) as a security token on a public blockchain. Colin remarks that as far as he can tell it appears to be a live transaction on the public Ethereum blockchain which is a big move. Simon adds that as bond issuances go it's not massive but for blockchain transactions it's really significant (01:08).
Next we talk about the London Stock Exchange collaboration on first issue of Blockchain ‘token’ shares. Around £3m worth of shares in technology company 2030 were issued in token form and settled in a test environment on the LSE’s Turquoise equity trading service. Colin comments that he doesn't believe it'll open up a new realm of new issuances of bonds by itself as tokens don't change story from current technology. Simon suggests that momentum is building in the distance (06:25).
We also have a great Tweet of the Week from @mayazi on Consensys raising $200M.
Other stories include:
- Binance Launches Decentralized Exchange Ahead of Schedule
- Skeptic’s Lens: Can Binance Revive DEXs?
- Coinbase Generated $520m in revenue last year
- Serena Williams invested in Coinbase
All this and so much more on this week's episode of Blockchain Insider. And why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, please leave us a review on iTunes.
This week's episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and Petrit Berisha. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Societe Generale issued the first covered bond as a security token on a public blockchain | Société Générale
- London Stock Exchange collaborates on first issue of blockchain 'token' shares
- Subscribe to read | Financial Times
- Binance Launches Decentralized Exchange Ahead of Schedule - CoinDesk
- Skeptic’s lens: Can Binance revive DEXs? - The Block
- Coinbase Generated $520 Million in Revenue Last Year, Reuters Estimates | CoinDesk
- Tennis Star Serena Williams Reveals Investment in Coinbase - CoinDesk